Ages 2 ½ and older
Seals have come from Seahorse and it is expected that they can perform strong flutter kicks with their faces embedded underwater for 5+ seconds and roll to their back. On their back they are expected to maintain kicking propulsion, get a breath and return to swimming face down with strong breath control.
Prerequisites being met, Seal students will begin adding freestyle arms with the expectation that their streamlined kicking technique be maintained.
- Proper prone positioning,
- Kicks independently,
- Quick/ shallow freestyle kicks,
- Four big arms out of the water,
- Introduction to side breathing,
- Big arms and side breathing with barbell (width of pool),
- Backstroke kicks,
- Big arms and assisted side breath without barbell (width of pool).