Ages 2 ½ – 6 years
Seals are expected to perform strong flutter kicks with their faces in the water before rolling to their backs. While on their backs, they are expected to maintain kicking propulsion, get a breath and return to swimming face down with strong breath control. Seal students will add freestyle arms with the expectation that their streamlined kicking technique is maintained.
- Glides- proper prone positioning,
- Kicks independently,
- Quick/ shallow freestyle kicks,
- Four big arms out of the water,
- Introduction to side breathing,
- Big arms and side breathing with barbell (width of pool),
- Backstroke kicks, big arms and
- Assisted side breath without barbell (width of pool).