- We teach drowning prevention and education, as well as important water safety and survival skills.
- Our proven curriculum has been in practice for over 45 years.
- Our program is child-centered and we differentiate and scaffold our instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- We teach all ages – 4 months to adults.
- Our unique Everyday Program lays a strong foundation on which to build.
- We offer small class sizes – 3:1, 4:1, and 6:1 teacher ratios.
- Classes are offered year-round in our warm pool
- Our 25-yard indoor pool is heated to a balmy 92 degrees for the comfort of all our swimmers.
- We use a state of the art UV filtration system so swimmers do not suffer from stinging chlorine eyes or green hair.
- Our pool has built-in teaching stations for safety and focus.
- We offer on-site showers, hair dryers, and changing rooms for your convenience.
- We provide free wifi.
- Instructors complete a comprehensive training program of over 50 hours, including in-water and classroom sessions.
- All instructors are CPR/First Aid/AED Certified, and many hold lifeguard certifications.
- Instructors are trained in developmentally appropriate methods.
- Instructors consistently assess and evaluate swimmers’ skills.
My husband Brent and I founded Colorado Swim School in January of 2013. The impetus for the swim school was our inability to find effective swim lessons in our area that met the needs of both of our children, one of whom is on the autism spectrum. Our good friends in Houston own two swim schools and they nudged us to take a leap and open our own school. They shared their curriculum with us, and with their support and guidance, we went for it and Colorado Swim School was born! Our goal was, and continues to be, to ensure that Colorado Swim School is an inviting environment for all children, where every child has a positive, successful learning experience. We are dedicated to developing safer, stronger, smarter swimmers who are comfortable and happy in and around water.
Just a little about us…Brent was a competitive swimmer who spent his summers teaching swimming lessons through high school and college at the Houston Swim Club. He studied chemistry and biochemistry as an undergraduate, and has a master’s degree in Civil Engineering. Brent works behind the scenes at CSS while also running his own environmental construction company.
I grew up swimming in the lakes of Maine and Vermont, where learning to swim was a necessity. My mom was the director of the swim program so I spent my summers at the beach in the water. I adore kids and have a background in child development. I earned a Masters Degree in Educational Psychology and hold a Professional Elementary Teaching License. I was an elementary school teacher for 10 years before opening CSS, and I have worked with a diverse population of students with a broad range of abilities. I love teaching and interacting with kids of all ages…mostly because they bring a fresh perspective on life and learning!
Colorado Swim School is a proud and active member of the United States Swim School Association. We also belong to the World Aquatic Baby Congress and the National Drowning Prevention Alliance. We continually strive to improve our knowledge by attending conferences and staying involved with these great organizations.